Sunday 12 February 2017

Unisex Trend

Last year I started the first year of my fashion marketing degree. One of the areas of the course I really enjoyed learning about was the trend forecasting industry. Websites such as WGSN and Stylus are some of the top trend forecasters not just in fashion but across all areas such as interior design. Anyway,  one of the projects for my degree was to identify a trend and complete a portfolio surrounded the trend.

Researching for the trend involved looking beyond fashion to art, music and even social issues and cultural shifts in the news. The trend I identified was the rise in unisex consumerism and the progress of breaking gender barriers. I found some really interesting unisex designers such as Rad Hourani and looked into new wave feminism for the project. I especially found it really interesting that millennial fashion consumers were more likely to cross into the opposing gender sectors within a store- which I low key always do!

 
So I wanted to share with you guys my portfolio based around gender and how it is becoming a non-binary concept in modern society.

Links below so check it out guys!!!!

 Trend Portfolio

Lizzzy Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment